For character creation, you will need to provide basic information and answer the following questions. I would like to focus on your character’s personality and motivation. Feel free to ask me for further information on the setting.
Race: see Races of the Imperium; note that you may reflavor any race as human, or something suitably equivalent
Class: see Class Changes
Home Province: see Provinces
Patron: see below
Explain why the Pathorian Senate has chosen you to join the diplomatic entourage
Explain why you have chosen to accept the invitation, or what motivates you to venture into Concordia
Character Sheet: Optional to start. Do not use Essentials material from Heroes of the ___ series of books.
Alignment: will be played fast and loose, see Alignments
Also describe some things, as a player, elements you would like to see in the campaign, and ways you would like for your character to develop.
The concept of patron and client is central to Lumanar society (with some exceptions). No man is an island and most adventurers would have a sponsor who are keenly interested in their success and able to lend assistance and support to the adventurer’s activities. In return, the adventurer looks out for the patron’s interests.
In addition, designating a patron who has an interest in the Concordia region will allow you to gain a +4 training bonus to an untrained skill of your choice other than Perception and Stealth. This bonus cannot stack with other bonuses specific to untrained skills to more than +5. Alternatively, you may pick an Education Option below for free.
For a list of patrons, check out Imperium in Concordia
- level 6 character
- races: see Races of the Imperium
- do not use material from Heroes of the ____ books
- standard point buy
- standard magic equipment: one item of level 7, 6 and 5
- standard starting gold: 1000g; you may also request a small loan for basic adventuring supplies (loans come with interest)
- you may use any of the Background option that grant +2 to a skill or allow a skill to be trained; the skill should make sense for your character’s history, even if the name of the Background option might not
- do not use Themes
- characters may spend their starting gold on one of the following education options, they will become unavailable once we begin:
Degree in Medicine (800g) – uses Int instead of Wis for Healing
Degree in Architecture (800g) – uses Int instead of Wis for Dungeoneering
Degree in Ecology (800g) – uses Int instead of Wis for Nature
Devoted Disciple (800g) – uses Wis instead of Int for Religion
Note: For threats of immediate, physical violence, you may use Str rather than Chr as base attribute for the Intimidate skill. (see House Rules)
Again, I have quite a bit more information about the game world that is not presented here. If you have questions about something, or you have a concept for a character that you don’t know how to quite fit into the world, please do ask!